TREATMENT STARTS WITH A DIAGNOSIS…
Seeking medical attention to get a diagnosis for any joint pain is your first move toward a healthy lifestyle. Remember self-care and immediate attention to pain are the answers to solving a lifetime of physical suffering and exorbitant medical costs.
In most pain management cases involving joints, Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy from Florida Stem Cell MD in Fort Lauderdale may be your answer to no operations and relieving daily discomfort.
Each of the following conditions presents varying symptoms and causes:
- Arthritis can be present in any of the joints in your foot or ankle. It appears gradually, as the cartilage between the joints deteriorates or becomes compromised. Pain can range from mild to severe.
- Ankle instability occurs when the outer side of your ankle “gives way,” time and time again. Swelling, pain and injury from falls are the risks associated with ankle instability.
- Peroneal tendon splits and tears result from repeated ankle instability, increased overuse, improper training techniques, or inadequate footwear.
- Swelling and pain at the back of your ankle that worsens during activity or when the foot turns in or out signal this type of injury.
- Ligament tears and sprains occur when you stretch your ligaments too far through overuse or an accident. Once stretched, ligaments can’t provide stability.
- Sub-talar instability or arthritis usually develops from a previous injury. You feel pain in your hind foot just below the level of the inside and outside ankle bones. The pain can be aggravated by standing or walking on uneven ground.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome involves the nerves located in the tunnel, running between the bump of bone on the inside of your ankle, and a band of ligaments that stretches across your foot. When those nerves are compressed, the pain begins. Causes include flat feet, fallen arches, swelling from an ankle sprain, arthritis or diabetes.
- Plantar fasciitis has symptoms of tenderness or pain running along the sole of your foot. It is attributed to working out, standing for long periods of time, or putting heavy stress on your foot. The strands of connective tissue inflame, compromising your mobility.
- Bunions appear as a bony, swollen, tender, or painful bump at the base of your big toe. They arise from hereditary causes or poor-fitting footwear.
- These conditions may give you acute or dull pain. They may come on suddenly or over time. Most specialists believe that conservative methods are the best first line of treatment.
PHYSIOLOGY OF THE FOOT AND ANKLE
Foot and ankle injuries happen to millions of people every year—thousands right here in South Florida. Arthritis, sports injuries, peroneal tendon tear, ligament sprain, accidents, tarsal tunnel syndrome or general ankle instability can lead to multiple issues. Mesenchymal Stem Cell therapy can be your first stop on the path to relief. This state-of-the-art treatment not only eases your pain, but it also corrects the problem by rejuvenating bones, tendons, and soft tissue.
Since your body’s weight is concentrated on the relatively small bones, complicated tendons and soft tissues of your feet and ankles, any injury or ailment can cause significant reduction in your quality of life. Previously, treatment options merely provided support or masked the symptoms, and the more radical choice of surgery involved significant risk.Stem cell therapy for your foot and ankle has proven effective for many issues in 80-85% of the cases.
What Are These Conditions?
Each of the medical conditions has different causes and symptoms. You need a proper diagnosis to get effective care. Being able to describe exactly where and when your foot or ankle is tender, swollen, painful or warm to the touch helps your pain management specialist at Florida Stem CellMD diagnose the best procedure for you.
Traditional Treatment Options:
- The RICE method — rest, ice, compression and elevation.
- Heating pads or warm foot baths.
- Activity modification.
- Weight control.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers
- co Prescribed NSAIDs.
- Shoe inserts, prescribed shoes, braces or mobility-limiting boots.
- Cortisone injections.
Each treatment option has benefits, but most also carry risks or side effects. The top three are best used when your symptoms are relatively minor. Weight control helps, but control is hard to achieve without mobility. Over-the-counter and prescribed medications harm your digestive system and often become less effective over time.
For more severe conditions, shoe inserts prove helpful. A series of corticosteroid injections are often helpful.
Surgery has inherent risks, such as infection. Other factors include pain from the procedure, long recovery times and the requirement of physical therapy. Surgery is a last resort to pursue only if all other options have proven ineffective.
OUR TREATMENT FOR YOUR PAIN
STEM CELL TREATMENT FOR FOOT AND ANKLE INJURIES
Stem cell therapy offers the greatest promise for your foot and ankle injuries and ailments. Stem cells are immature cells located in various tissues of your body. When you’re young, your body uses them in its healing process effectively. But as you age, your body can’t deliver them where they need to go as easily, they become dormant and lazy. Stem cell therapy simply helps the natural process along by stimulating the dormant cells and adding over a million stem cells to your painful area, which will reproduce and begin to regenerate tendon, cartilage, and soft tissue. These stem cells begin to differentiate into the exact tissue needed to repair your damage.
The Benefits of Stem Cell Technology
Stem cell therapy benefits you by using the healing factors already in your body to target the cause of your discomfort and repair the injury. Other benefits of using stem cells include:
- Virtually no risk of infection or reaction.
- The surrounding tissue isn’t compromised by surgical interference.
- Recovery time is about 3-4 days of simple rest, as opposed to several months with other treatment options, like surgery.
- The stem cell therapy procedure is much more cost-effective than surgical options.
- Dr. Neel Amin, M.D. will treat the cause of your problem from within, to produce maximum of 80-85% success in 6-12 months after the minimally invasive injection.
Florida Stem CellMD
Dr. Neel Amin, M.D.